How many times do I hear myself say, "where is that big orange binder?" or "has anyone seen that big orange binder?" The big orange binder has been accumulating recipes, kinspiration & original recipe cards tucked into plastic sleeves for my entire-almost-forty year existence. "The Big Orange Binder" is an organization attempt. It's a recipe with a story neatly packaged in a place where I'll always be able to find the ever-elusive . . . Big Orange Binder.

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Meatballs

Meatballs . . . for all occasions . . . . 

MEATBALLS: 
* 1 lb of ground turkey (or ground whatever-you-have)
* a heavy handful of Italian bread crumbs (although, you all know how I cook and I don't sweat the small stuff and I've substituted Italian bread crumbs for smashed up Ritz, Saltines and Goldfish) . . . By the way, sports fans, a "heavy handful" is about ½ cup, in case you are the measuring type. 
* an egg 
* a heavy sprinkle (about 1-2 tablespoons) of Italian Seasoning 
* if you are a garlic lover, add garlic, minced or powder.  It makes me burp, so I omit. 
* a light handful of parmesan . . . . again, ¼ cup if you are measuring, or more if you want these to melt in your mouth . . . . . 

Mix this meaty concoction. Shape them into balls and use them for this and that, here-to-fro.  They freeze for good meatball crock pot recipes or to simmer for hours in a soup or stew.  

No comments:

Post a Comment