How many times do I hear myself say, "where is that big orange binder?" or "has anyone seen that big orange binder?" The big orange binder has been accumulating recipes, kinspiration & original recipe cards tucked into plastic sleeves for my entire-almost-forty year existence. "The Big Orange Binder" is an organization attempt. It's a recipe with a story neatly packaged in a place where I'll always be able to find the ever-elusive . . . Big Orange Binder.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sugar Hand Scrub


The one good thing that came out of my first diagnostic mammogram was a recipe for the most fabulous sugar hand/body scrub EVER . . . . 

1 cup white sugar
3 tbsp of olive oil (but I had to use quite a bit more, fast forward to step 1) 
2 tbsp of vanilla (or whatever essential oil you like) 

1.  Pour the sugar into a bowl.  Add olive oil and mix together.  If it's too runny (which it won't be w/ the above ratio), add sugar.  If too dry, add olive oil. 
2.  Add scent. 

Store in an airtight container.  Stir before using.  Scoop a gob into the palm of your hand, massage in thoroughly.  Rinse.  Dry.  Immediately add moisturizer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment