How many times do I hear myself say, "where is that big orange binder?" or "has anyone seen that big orange binder?" The big orange binder has been accumulating recipes, kinspiration & original recipe cards tucked into plastic sleeves for my entire-almost-forty year existence. "The Big Orange Binder" is an organization attempt. It's a recipe with a story neatly packaged in a place where I'll always be able to find the ever-elusive . . . Big Orange Binder.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Slow Cooked Pulled Pork Sandwiches


Prep: 15 minutes 
Cook: 8-10 hours 
Stand: 10 min

1 tbsp vegetable oil 
3 ½ to 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast, netted or tied 
1 can French Onion Soup 
1 cup ketchup
¼ cup cider vinegar
3 tbsp packed brown sugar
12 round sandwich rolls, split 

1.  Heat the oil in a skillet.  Add the roast and cook until it's well browned on all sides. 
2.  Stir in the soup, ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar into a slow cooker.  Add the roast and turn to coat with liquid mixture. 
3.  Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is fork-tender. 
4.  Remove the roast from the cooker to cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes.  Using 2 forks, shred the port.  Return to the cooker full of sauce. 
5.  Serve on the split rolls. 

** Elle's note:  
Yea, I'm always one to cut corners and minimize the number of skillets I have to hand wash, so I skipped that all together.  I just threw everything in the crock pot and said a little prayer.  

Turned out great and nobody died or got some funky pork poisoning.  Go me!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment