Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 8-10 hours
Stand: 10 min
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3 ½ to 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast, netted or tied
1 can French Onion Soup
1 cup ketchup
¼ cup cider vinegar
3 tbsp packed brown sugar
12 round sandwich rolls, split
1. Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the roast and cook until it's well browned on all sides.
2. Stir in the soup, ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar into a slow cooker. Add the roast and turn to coat with liquid mixture.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is fork-tender.
4. Remove the roast from the cooker to cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes. Using 2 forks, shred the port. Return to the cooker full of sauce.
5. Serve on the split rolls.
** Elle's note:
Yea, I'm always one to cut corners and minimize the number of skillets I have to hand wash, so I skipped that all together. I just threw everything in the crock pot and said a little prayer.
Turned out great and nobody died or got some funky pork poisoning. Go me!!