How many times do I hear myself say, "where is that big orange binder?" or "has anyone seen that big orange binder?" The big orange binder has been accumulating recipes, kinspiration & original recipe cards tucked into plastic sleeves for my entire-almost-forty year existence. "The Big Orange Binder" is an organization attempt. It's a recipe with a story neatly packaged in a place where I'll always be able to find the ever-elusive . . . Big Orange Binder.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Kerry's Beer Bread

My college roomie, Kerry, used to make this all the time.  I loved it then, and I love it now.

3 cups flour (can do ½ wheat & ½ white)
1 ½ tbsp baking powder
1-2 tbsp sugar
Dash of salt
2 eggs (or just egg whites)
1 tbsp oil
12 oz beer

Blend all dry ingredients.  Make a crater and add the wet ingredients except the beer.  Give it a good stir, then add the beer.  Mix thoroughly.  Pour into greased loaf pans.  Bake at 350 for about 50-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean --


No comments:

Post a Comment