How many times do I hear myself say, "where is that big orange binder?" or "has anyone seen that big orange binder?" The big orange binder has been accumulating recipes, kinspiration & original recipe cards tucked into plastic sleeves for my entire-almost-forty year existence. "The Big Orange Binder" is an organization attempt. It's a recipe with a story neatly packaged in a place where I'll always be able to find the ever-elusive . . . Big Orange Binder.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Aunt Kristin's Baking Powder Biscuits

Or maybe they are her mom's recipe.....
In any case, I remember making them together in college .....

2 cups of flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
5 tbsp butter flavored shortening (or plain but I like butter)
3/4 cup milk

Mix completely. Turn onto lightly floured board and round up with you hands then press flat and cut biscuits as you go. The size you cut determines the yield.

Big and I love these with gravy. Middle loves with butter and honey. Little and Mimi like them with cinnamon sugar.  In any case, a snow day or weekend favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment