How many times do I hear myself say, "where is that big orange binder?" or "has anyone seen that big orange binder?" The big orange binder has been accumulating recipes, kinspiration & original recipe cards tucked into plastic sleeves for my entire-almost-forty year existence. "The Big Orange Binder" is an organization attempt. It's a recipe with a story neatly packaged in a place where I'll always be able to find the ever-elusive . . . Big Orange Binder.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Grandma Mills' Banana Bread



Remember the days when you'd exchange handwritten recipes?  At my bridal shower, every guest brought a recipe card for some tried and true recipe that they could share so that I could start my own collection of recipes.   I just got a little nostalgic.

This is Grandma "D"'s banana bread recipe.  Simple.  Fast.  Easy.  And a historical piece.  Does ANYONE know what Oleo is anymore? (Just substitute butter or crisco, ya yuppy!)    This card is probably 50 years old.  Grandma D died just recently.  May 1st would have been her 103rd birthday!

I'm glad her legendary banana bread can live on through the Big Orange Binder!

No comments:

Post a Comment