How many times do I hear myself say, "where is that big orange binder?" or "has anyone seen that big orange binder?" The big orange binder has been accumulating recipes, kinspiration & original recipe cards tucked into plastic sleeves for my entire-almost-forty year existence. "The Big Orange Binder" is an organization attempt. It's a recipe with a story neatly packaged in a place where I'll always be able to find the ever-elusive . . . Big Orange Binder.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Swiss Chicken

As a brand new NICU nurse, I worked with a little old lady named Linda.  Not old, just older than me.  I was new and young and childless.  She had three boys, a husband, a dog and a life larger than mine.  She was determined to teach me how to cook.  This is one of her recipes.

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup milk
6 slices of swiss cheese
1-2 cups stuffing mix
2 tbsp butter -- melted

Spray or line crockpot. 
Then layer . . . . chicken, cheese, soup & milk combo, stuffing.  Drizzle butter.

Cook in crock pot, high for 2-4 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment