How many times do I hear myself say, "where is that big orange binder?" or "has anyone seen that big orange binder?" The big orange binder has been accumulating recipes, kinspiration & original recipe cards tucked into plastic sleeves for my entire-almost-forty year existence. "The Big Orange Binder" is an organization attempt. It's a recipe with a story neatly packaged in a place where I'll always be able to find the ever-elusive . . . Big Orange Binder.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Pretzel Stuffing

I might have to tweak this later . . . . 'cause this is coming from a morphed recipe that is several years old.  It's in my mind, and goes a little something like this (hit it!) . . . .

Sausage . . . . links, about 12, skin off, cut into small chunks & pan fry
Onion . . . about 1/4 of a red onion . . . finely chopped . . . add to sausage

Mushrooms . . . a package of sliced . . . sauteed just briefly with the sausage & onion

Long grain wild rice . . . . cooked; I usually get the microwave variety for convenience

Mix those of four things together, then toss them with a large bowl of  pretzels & croutons.

Pretzels . . . you need several cups of pieces; so break them into about 1/4 to 1/2 inch bits.  Remove the itty tiny crumbs, if you can.
Add stuffing croutons . . . about an equal amount.

Then add chicken broth until it's well moisturized, but not soggy.  Add salt and pepper.  Add sage.  My momma used to say, "add it and toss it until is smells right."   Stuff the bird, or do a pan.  Or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment