How many times do I hear myself say, "where is that big orange binder?" or "has anyone seen that big orange binder?" The big orange binder has been accumulating recipes, kinspiration & original recipe cards tucked into plastic sleeves for my entire-almost-forty year existence. "The Big Orange Binder" is an organization attempt. It's a recipe with a story neatly packaged in a place where I'll always be able to find the ever-elusive . . . Big Orange Binder.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Classic Vanilla Cupcakes

1/2 cup room temp butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup cold milk (whole is best)
1/2 cup sour cream

Cupcakes.  Not my favorite, but alwasy popular with the kiddos.  These are easy as pie.  Just throw it all together.  I've monkeyed with the amounts, too.  Greek yogurt works well instead of sour cream.  One similar recipe calls for no sour cream, but 2/3 cup of milk. 

Use cupcake pans.  Bake at 350 in paper or foil cups until they spring back to the touch.  Cool completely.  Frost. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment