How many times do I hear myself say, "where is that big orange binder?" or "has anyone seen that big orange binder?" The big orange binder has been accumulating recipes, kinspiration & original recipe cards tucked into plastic sleeves for my entire-almost-forty year existence. "The Big Orange Binder" is an organization attempt. It's a recipe with a story neatly packaged in a place where I'll always be able to find the ever-elusive . . . Big Orange Binder.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie

Use Perfect Pie Crust, or an easy store-bought variety.

Add this filling:

4 cups cubed chicken, booked
1 tbsp butter
veggies of choice . .  we like carrots, corn, mushrooms . .. . but I know green beans, taters and a variety of beans are all popular choices.  I tend to use what I have on hand.

1/4 cup dry white wine OR water
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
2 tbsp flour
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 cup chicken broth

For a really kid friendly pallate, I use all veggies frozen or canned; no butter; no cream -- just veggies and soup.

Bake in a 400 degree oven until the crust is brown and filling is bubbly; about 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment