How many times do I hear myself say, "where is that big orange binder?" or "has anyone seen that big orange binder?" The big orange binder has been accumulating recipes, kinspiration & original recipe cards tucked into plastic sleeves for my entire-almost-forty year existence. "The Big Orange Binder" is an organization attempt. It's a recipe with a story neatly packaged in a place where I'll always be able to find the ever-elusive . . . Big Orange Binder.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Marilyn's Pumpkin Bars

I get quite a few recipes from my old friend and the best neighbor in the world, Marilyn.  Here's one of her fall favorites . . . .

Pumpkin Bars

1 cup oil
4 eggs
2 cups pumpkin
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cloves
2 tsp cinnamon

Make batter.  Pour into greased bar pan & bake at 350 for appox 30 minutes.

Frosting
3 oz package of cream cheese (but cream cheese comes in 8 oz bars, so I just use half)
1 stick margarine
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla

When pumpkin bars are completely cool, frost with this lovely stuff.  This is a fun project for little bakers . . . then can pipe frosting onto a sheet cake in all different styles.  In the end, it all cuts the same and looks and tastes delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment