How many times do I hear myself say, "where is that big orange binder?" or "has anyone seen that big orange binder?" The big orange binder has been accumulating recipes, kinspiration & original recipe cards tucked into plastic sleeves for my entire-almost-forty year existence. "The Big Orange Binder" is an organization attempt. It's a recipe with a story neatly packaged in a place where I'll always be able to find the ever-elusive . . . Big Orange Binder.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Basic White Bread-- Bread Machine

Throw (gently) all the ingredients in the order listed, into the machine.  Your machine will be different than mine, but I prefer medium loaf, light crust IF I'm letting the machine do the baking OR the dough function . . .

Large 2 lbs. 
1 1/2 cups water, room temp
3 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 cups bread flour
1/4 cup nonfat dry milk
1 3/4 tsp yeast, active dry, instant dry, or bread machine

Medium 1 1/2 lbs.  
1 1/8 cup water, room temp
2 tbsp +1 tsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces (that's a pain to measure, so I pretty much guess)
2 1/4 tsp granulated sugar
1 1/8 tsp salt
3 cups bread flour (I like 1/2 white and 1/2 wheat flour)
3 tbsp nonfat dry milk
1 3/4 yeast, active dry, instant dry, or bread machine

Small 1 lb.
3/4 cups water, room temp
1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
3/4 tsp salt
2 cups bread flour
2 tbsp nonfat dry milk
1 1/4 tsp yeast, active dry, instant dry, or bread machine



No comments:

Post a Comment