How many times do I hear myself say, "where is that big orange binder?" or "has anyone seen that big orange binder?" The big orange binder has been accumulating recipes, kinspiration & original recipe cards tucked into plastic sleeves for my entire-almost-forty year existence. "The Big Orange Binder" is an organization attempt. It's a recipe with a story neatly packaged in a place where I'll always be able to find the ever-elusive . . . Big Orange Binder.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Rosemary Honey Chicken - Freezer to Crock Pot


Taken from pinterest, which led to a blog, which now gives me an error on the page.  I cut this into a word document long ago, so I'm sorry to not give credit where credit is due.  I'm almost certain this recipe is originally a Rachel Ray, but then morphed into a freezer to crock pot by someone far more organized & creative than me. 
Prep ahead and put in the bag - 
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces, 1/3 c balsamic vinegar, 1/3 c honey, 1/3 c olive oil, 3 T chopped fresh rosemary, 1 tsp salt. 
The night before cooking -- take it out and allow it to defrost completely.
On cooking morning, add 1 cup of water and the contents of the bag to the crockpot. Then cook on high for 3-4 hours. Ten minutes before serving, add cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
Serve over couscous or rice.  I served this over a mixture of 1/2 quinoa and 1/2 rice, because that's what I had on hand.  I served it with a green salad  . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment