How many times do I hear myself say, "where is that big orange binder?" or "has anyone seen that big orange binder?" The big orange binder has been accumulating recipes, kinspiration & original recipe cards tucked into plastic sleeves for my entire-almost-forty year existence. "The Big Orange Binder" is an organization attempt. It's a recipe with a story neatly packaged in a place where I'll always be able to find the ever-elusive . . . Big Orange Binder.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

One Hour Rolls


Originally found here.  Done as a pinterest experiment, which was a raging success.  I think this recipe will become a frequently used cabinet pin-up .  . . 

1 Hour Rolls
recipe from my sister-in-law Maggie

In a kitchenaid mixer bowl, mix the following and let stand for 15 minutes:
1 c. warm water
1/4 c. sugar
1/3 c. oil
2 Tbsp. yeast

Add:
1 tsp. salt
1 egg, beaten

Gradually add 3 1/3 c. flour. Dough will be kind of sticky.  Let stand for 10 minutes.

Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray and form dough into balls. Place balls so they don't touch on a cookie sheet. Let rise for 20 minutes. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. 

Makes a cookie sheet full of rolls.

Sometimes I mix these rolls up before church and stick them in the fridge to rise.  When we get home three hours later I bake them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment