How many times do I hear myself say, "where is that big orange binder?" or "has anyone seen that big orange binder?" The big orange binder has been accumulating recipes, kinspiration & original recipe cards tucked into plastic sleeves for my entire-almost-forty year existence. "The Big Orange Binder" is an organization attempt. It's a recipe with a story neatly packaged in a place where I'll always be able to find the ever-elusive . . . Big Orange Binder.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Lime Salsa Chicken -- Freezer to Crock Pot

Originally taken from pinterest, which led me to a blog, which references this:

So, prep ahead and put this stuff in the bag:

Juice from one lime, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, one package of taco seasoning (I used my own), 2 jalapeno peppers really finely chopped, 3 pounds of boneless chicken, 1 chopped red pepper and 1/2 onion, chopped.

Freeze.

Thaw.

On cooking morning, put the contents of the bag into the crock pot with a medium sized jar of salsa (24 ounce).  Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8.  Serve in tortilla with rice OR atop a Mexican style salad.

** Notes.  We decreased the chicken (again, this seems to be a theme), I used only one jalapeno, for fear of my little kids; tender palates.  Also, the 3-4 hour method is what we prefer, for better texture and overall appearance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment