How many times do I hear myself say, "where is that big orange binder?" or "has anyone seen that big orange binder?" The big orange binder has been accumulating recipes, kinspiration & original recipe cards tucked into plastic sleeves for my entire-almost-forty year existence. "The Big Orange Binder" is an organization attempt. It's a recipe with a story neatly packaged in a place where I'll always be able to find the ever-elusive . . . Big Orange Binder.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tie Dye Cake

Stolen from Pinterest . . .  morphed into our own.   Best damn cake we've had in a long, long time.

Take a box of yellow of white cake.  Follow the directions.  Sidenote:  I always, always, always add a cup of pudding to cake mix.  I'm not sure why.  Someone told me to.  It makes it so dense and moist and delicious.  Try it.  You'll never NOT do it again.  Vanilla pudding to yellow or white cakes.  Chocolate pudding to chocolate cakes.

So, box of cake mix WITH a cup of pudding, per package directions.

Then, separate it into six bowls.  Add food coloring to each.  And stir really well. Like this:



Then, add it by color to a greased and floured cake pan.  Like this:



Bake as directed.

Oh MY gosh, this is delish.  And, it would be THE cutest cupcakes EVER!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment