How many times do I hear myself say, "where is that big orange binder?" or "has anyone seen that big orange binder?" The big orange binder has been accumulating recipes, kinspiration & original recipe cards tucked into plastic sleeves for my entire-almost-forty year existence. "The Big Orange Binder" is an organization attempt. It's a recipe with a story neatly packaged in a place where I'll always be able to find the ever-elusive . . . Big Orange Binder.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Hunter's Pasta Salad

Why Hunter's?  Because I 'hunt' around the kitchen looking for things to put in it.   This pasta salad is a summer time staple in our house and the perfect thing to take to a potluck.  The ingredients are as varied as the guest and you really can't go wrong.

Start with a couple of boxes of rainbow pasta.  I also use mis-matched and every color.  Use whatever you have and add to it to bulk it up.  Cook, drain and cool the pasta.  I do this well in advance so that it's totally dry.  Even the night before is a good idea .  . .

Hunt around the kitchen for ingredients.  Use anything and everything.  Don't forget to scour the pantry.  My favorites are:  cheese cut into tiny cubes, mini pepperonis, black olives, cukes, peppers, hard boiled eggs & broccoli florets.  This is a great way to use the last bit of ham or the end of some other leftover.

Add fat free Italian dressing and toss to coat.  Enjoy cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment