I found this recipe in a random folder while I was sorting and organizing on the external hard drive during The Waldo Canyon Fire . . . .
In the spirit of organization, I'm putting it HERE, where it belongs.
Recipe type: Baked Goods
Author: Lisa B.
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
◦ 2 cups all-purpose flour
◦ 3 teaspoons baking powder
◦ 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
◦ 2-3 slices cooked bacon, chopped (or 1-2.5 ounce bag of store-bought real bacon bits)
◦ 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
◦ 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
◦ 1/8 cayenne pepper
◦ 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
◦ 1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream
◦ 1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cheese, bacon, chives, salt and pepper.
3. In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, sour cream, and milk.
4. Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Batter will be thick.
5. Spoon batter into a greased muffin pan.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.