How many times do I hear myself say, "where is that big orange binder?" or "has anyone seen that big orange binder?" The big orange binder has been accumulating recipes, kinspiration & original recipe cards tucked into plastic sleeves for my entire-almost-forty year existence. "The Big Orange Binder" is an organization attempt. It's a recipe with a story neatly packaged in a place where I'll always be able to find the ever-elusive . . . Big Orange Binder.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Apples

Arent' there a few things that you just take for granted.  Like, apples.  We eat apples like candy around here.  We eat them whole, slice them, dice them, dunk them and chunk them.  We love apples.

Big likes Gala.
Middle likes Granny Smith.
Little will eat just about any apple, but he prefers Galas with cinnamon & sugar.
Mimi eats an apple a day.  She eats them as a meal.  I love the way her nose wrinkles up when she takes a bit bite.  She especially loves apples with nutella.  Who doesn't?

Here's a favorite snack.  I core these and then slice them with a mandolin, then sprinkle cinnamon sugar on them.  Between all of the kids, they'll eat a half-dozen at a time, if prepared like this.  One of the many, many reasons that I love Costco  . . . . apples by the case.


No comments:

Post a Comment