Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana
Hmm. Well, I pulled the actual recipe out and I've apparently made some changes for my family's palate & volume. We like this leftover, so here you go. This version serves 6-8 easily.
* 1 lb ground Italian sausage (*spicy if your family can handle it)
* 1 tsp crushed red pepper (*add or subtract for your taste)
* 1 large diced white onion (* about 1/2 for my family)
* 4 tbsp crumbled bacon pieces (* we like more, I use about 6 slices)
* 2 tsp garlic puree, or minced garlic
* 10 cups of water PLUS 5 cubes of chicken bouillon (or it's equivalent in liquid stock or organic stock)
* 1 cup of heavy cream
* 1 pound of thinly sliced Russet potatoes, or about 3 large taters, skin on
* 1/4 of a bunch of kale
In a large stock pot, sauté the Italian sausage & red pepper. Drain excess fat & set aside while you prepare the rest.
In the same pan, sauté bacon, onions & garlic for 10-15 minutes or until the onions are soft & clear.
Mix together the chicken bouillon & water. Add it to the onions, bacon & garlic. Cook until boiling.
Add potatoes & cook until soft. About half an hour.
Add the heavy cream & cook until thoroughly heated.
Stir in sausage.
Add kale just before serving. Delicious!! Salad & breadsticks are the perfect company!!